Wednesday 5 December 2012

Red Carpet Manicure | Gel Nail Varnish Home Kit

A long time ago, in a bedroom castle far far away, there was a girl who yearned for pretty nails.
Although she looked after her phalanges, when it came to painting them, sadly, she was a little clumsy.
No matter how hard she tried, there would always be polish on the cuticle, a smudge, and before long, couple of ugly chips.
One day, whilst browsing a beauty site, she stumbled upon a magical treasure chest of gel nail varnish.
It promised perfect, pretty nails, smudge and chip proof! It was love at first sight.
Needless to say, the girl bought the Red Carpet Manicure Professional LED Kit, and they both lived happily ever after

The End

 
Very first main pedi using Red Carpet Manicure :]

 Seriously though, it’s that good. Although at £89 it’s fair to say the price tag put me off at first, and I considered buying all the parts separate off Ebay. However, I figured if I paid £20 a month for a manicure, after 5 months I’ve pretty much paid for the kit, but without the extra uses that the kit gives. It’s good value in the long run.
Usability is great, especially for someone as impatient as me when it comes to nails. I love that I can paint them and still have time to manipulate the layer because it doesn’t dry as fast as regular polish. I can pretty much paint, cure & go.
The whole process from start to finish takes me just over an hour if I take my time, but also because you do your fingers and thumbs separate because they don’t fit under the lamp together. So, you’d complete the four fingers on the left hand together, from base coat to top coat, totally finished. Then the two thumbs together, same process, and then lastly the four fingers on your right hand. Make sense?
The colour range, and creative license with the gel nail varnish is practically the same as normal nail polish. I imagine they even last longer as you only need two thin coats. Yes, gel is more expensive than your average high street/drugstore varnishes, but completely comparable with high end stuff like Chanel.
Overall, I think this is a solid beauty investment, and I am honestly so glad that I purchased this. My best buy of 2012, hands down :]
If you want to take a look, you can find it here on their own website, or here on beautybay, and I've posted quite a few pictures on my Instagram @gem_skee.
Gem
x

P.s I've also done a gel nail varnish tutorial, I'll pop it below in case you want to see how to use it! x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :]