Wednesday 28 November 2012

Unicorn Hair | Purple Ombre/Dip Dye | Fudge Paintbox - Blueberry Hill



I have Purple Hair :D !
Like a magical pony/unicorn. It was a toss up between going back to this lovely purple do or going back to feathers. Purple won! (obviously)

I think ombre/dip dye is one of those hairstyles that will always be around, for me anyway, mostly because I can't be bothered parting with lumps of money on a regular basis to get my roots done. Cheap on trend hair right there - Score! Also, it’s really easy to do, and if you decide you don’t like it you can bleach it out of get it cut off.

But in terms of up keep, it's super simple. Although for the first few washes I do have to crouch in the shower gollum style to rinse the shampoo off, otherwise it looks like a real live version of 'Grape Escape' has attacked the bath/shower curtain. (Kudos if you remember the game) Minor thing for the colour pay off I think.
 
 
Tips!
 
- Put some conditioner in a travel bottle and add a tiny bit of dye, use this to keep the colour vibrant
 
- Apply hair oil or serum to the ends of the hair after washing, and every other night
 
- Use an intensive hair mask once every two weeks
 
- Try and use as little heat as possible on the ends, but if you do, Always use a heat protectant!!
 
 
If you want to give it a go, I've done a tutorial :] You can also make your dip dye a pastel shade by using more conditioner and less dye when you mix up your colour!
 
I used Fudge Paintbox in Blueberry Hill, and really liked it :] The staying power is fairly good, considering I didn't use it straight, I mixed it with conditioner. The most important thing is the colour! It's the most lovely, vibrant violet. I'd definitely recommend the Paintboxes if you want to try it. You can get them here for £6, in a tonne of fab colours. All you really need after you've got your colour, is a plastic bag, comb, bobbles and a tinting brush and bowl. You can get them in Boots (UK) or off Ebay. Don't forget to wear old clothes, and use and old towel!

Go become a real life My Little Pony  :]


 
 
Gem
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :]