Monday 19 November 2012

Hair That Squeaks | Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo & Conditioner Review

Quick Hair Profile
 
Cut: Longish length, long layers and feathered.
Natural State: A slightly wavy or flicked end with some fizz, natural colour is a mid brown/dark blonde.
Current Status: Hi-lighted (very out grown!) and ombre – bleached.
 
Routine: I try and wash it every 3 days, use heat about once a week on average (hair dryer OR hot tool, unless it’s a special occasion!)
 
 
So, that’s my hair’s current condition and routine. Over all, it’s been damaged from colour and junk but it’s still pretty healthy looking. I’m not too fussed on fancy shampoos and stuff, I’ve tried mid range brands like Tigi Bedhead, John Freda, Fudge, and cheaper high street stuff like Herbal Essences, Lush and L’Oreal. To be honest, I’ve never really found much difference, so I usually have a couple of cheap combos that I rotate through. What drew me to ‘Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo & Conditioner’ is the argan oil. If you’ve watched any of my hair tutorials then you will definitely have seen me use ‘Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment’, I am obsessed with the stuff because it’s awesome (review to come!) So I thought I’d give this combo a try, as it’s also not overly pricey at £6 a bottle. I’ve been using it for just over a month, and I think I like it, but still have really mixed feelings...
 
 
Shampoo
The shampoo doesn’t froth and bubble on the first wash, but does on the second, which is fine and common with more natural stuff. It doesn’t strip your hair, but it gives that ‘squeaky clean’ feeling, which I’m not really a fan of. I know it means your hair is super cleansed, but it just feels too resistant when your try to run your fingers through it, makes me scared my hair might just snap off!
 
 
Conditioner
Now, you know when you use a hair conditioner and you lather it on, and after a minute your hair feels super soft? Yeah, well this didn’t do that for me. I found it difficult to comb through, and no matter the length of time it’s on the hair, it only softens it slightly. It does smell lovely though, quite a soft, fresh scent, kind of like sweet grass (makes me think of Willy Wonka’s factory haha)
 After the in shower trauma of hair that squeaks and won’t be softened, it actually leaves my hair so healthy looking, and shiny that even the boyfriend notices. When my hair has dried, it’s a dream. I assume this is down to the argan oil. Argan oil comes from the Argan tree, shocking! It has a tonne of vitamin E in it, which is good for healing and moisturising.  Also, Organix is sulfates and parabens free :]
So for me, the washing process isn’t my favourite but the results are worth it. I don’t regret buying it, but I don’t think I’d be rushing out to repurchase it once I’m done. If you’ve tried it let me know what you think!
Gem
 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :]