Friday 16 November 2012

Bepanthen | The Wonder Cream!


 

 
This is not by any means a new discovery to rock the beauty world, but using Bepanthen as a lip balm is the best thing I've found in a long time!
Sounds weird doesn’t it? Bit odd to be using nappy/nipple cream as a lip balm, (not that I need any more lip products) but since I tried it I haven’t used anything else. I mean, don't get me wrong, Vaseline is still handy to carry round and you might get a few odd looks if you whip out your nappy cream on the train. The fact that it leaves a white film on your lips too makes me think it's best used as a night lip treatment.
So, why does it work so well? Throw on your white coat and glasses, we’re about to get scientific...

Pro-vitamin B5 (also known as Panthenol) – This stimulates skin healing whilst being awesome at moisturising too, which is why you’ll find in it hair products. It helps keep the moisture in, which causes a plumping effect.

Lanolin – Thank the sheep! This is a waxy ingredient found in their woolly coats, and when it rains (which seems constantly in England) it creates a nice little waterproof jacket for them...like a woolly cagoule, so basically it protects skin/hair against the environment.

Petrolatum – Helps keep the moisture in by making a film, just petroleum jelly or Vaseline.

Paraffium Liquidum – Or liquid paraffin, this is just highly refined mineral white oil. Also used as a laxative. Lovely.

Cetyl Alcohol – A fatty alcohol used as an emollient, emulsifier and thickener which can be found in the wild, for example: coconut fatty alcohol.

Aqua – Just water :]

 Plus, it doesn’t have any rubbish fake perfume scents, colours, antiseptic or preservatives. So now after I’ve washed my face and done my normal nigh time routine, I smoother my lips in nappy cream, and get some beauty sleep. Cut to the morning, and waking up with super soft chops. Amazing. It's also multi-use:

 Cuticle cream
Cracked heels
A very small amount on the ends of your hair is moisturising
Dotting some on the top of the cheekbones makes a nice high light
Taming eyebrows, it also darkens them slightly
 
I hear it’s good for new tattoos
 
And, obviously, an intensive lip balm
 
If you haven't already, you should try it. For £2.50 for a big tube you can't really go wrong :]
 
Gem
 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :]