Saturday 8 September 2012

Daily Make Up Products | Highstreet/Drugstore

Daily Make Up Products | Highstreet/Drugstore



I thought I’d do a post about what make up I like to use on a daily basis, it seemed like a good place to start. These are all high street /drugstore products that I’m currently making my way through. I don’t know about anyone else, but I tend to get bored with products and throw them back in my draw in disgust, only to rediscover them a few weeks/months later, and find myself loving them all over again...for a week. Fickle. Poor make up. This is why I mostly have high street stuff, I don’t feel as bad if it goes off before I use it all! Any high end brand products that I own, I’ve normal research to death so I make sure I’m not wasting my pennies.
Anyway, starting from top left of the picture, there’s info and mini reviews below on each product :]
Gem x
P.s I have normal/combination skin

 
Marks and Spencer Limited Collection Bronzing Powder £5.00 - Light
This bronzer is perfect for bringing me back from the dead (I'm fairly pale) and it doesn't have that orange tint that some others do. Plus I find it great for contouring as there’s little to no shimmer. Overall, amazing product for the price and the Limited Collection range is actually great! I've got an eye shadow (featured) and blusher too which I also love.

 
Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep Effect Foundation £9.99 (Boots) - 72 Rose Clair

The texture of this foundation is beautiful; it really is like your own skin but better. I'd say it was a light but buildable coverage, which I prefer. Currently this shade is a little too warm for me, but if I buff it in well and take it down the neck it's unnoticeable. I find that it does perk my skin up, and lasts fairly well, but I'd recommend a primer underneath for longer wear.
 

Marks and Spencer Autograph Smooth Matte Pressed Powder £9.50 - Light/Medium
I like that this is portable, I can just throw it in my handbag and go. It really isn't cakey and this shade gives a little extra coverage, and it's nice for setting under eye concealing. It is a bit pricey for what it is though, especially as I've heard fab things about the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder which is a fraction of the price. I think I may have to investigate that...


Sleek Blush £4.49 - Pixie Pink
The colour pay off with these blushes is pretty awesome, and although it's a bit of a bright and scary pink, it translates onto the cheeks lovely creating a nice flush. They're nice and travel friendly, plus the packaging is pretty, very Nars.


Topshop Blush £6.00 - Neon Rose
It's super natural because it's cream to powder. I love it. The only downside is that it goes on bright, but then the colour fades, so you need to apply it twice to get the first colour! It sits fine on top of powder too, and I think I prefer this over the sleek blush because its creamy, and feels nice on the skin.


Maybelline Colour Tattoo Cream Eye shadow 24Hr £4.99 (Boots) - Eternal Gold
I have super oily eyelids, so a primer is a must for me on a daily basis if I'm venturing out into the public. I was very sceptical about this product, having tried other high street cream eye shadows that just creased, melted down my face (attractive) or simply disappeared into thin air. However, this is pretty good. I can't vouch for the 24hr thing, as that's just pretty gross tbh, but I can say that it lasts for a working day. I just sweep it across my lids with my fingertip, quite sheer, and then set it with a similar glittery eyes shadow and I'm good to go. It really makes me look awake too! Always a plus.


Marks and Spencer Limited Collection Mono Eye shadow £4.00 - Copper Matte
Ok, so this is blatantly not 'copper' I'd say more fawn/light grey brown. Either way, this is my perfect brow shade! Hurrah! With very little fall out and good pigmentation, which makes it perfect for subtly lining my lower lash line too. Perfect.


Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara £9.99 (Boots) - Blackest Black Waterproof
Right, so as previously noted I have oily lids, which can result in panda-ness with some mascara, which is why I always opt for waterproof with high street stuff. Also, I'm not a fan of clumpy lashes; you know when it looks like you only have 3 fat lashes on your whole lid. Not cool. This causes neither of these things, so yay! I can't say I've noticed my lashes growing with this, but it does have a nice natural effect on my eyes. It fills my eyelashes out and is the 'blackest black'. I didn't pay£10 for it, and I don't think I ever would when there’s equally good products for less, but it is a nice mascara.


No7 Instant Radiance Concealer £12.95- Shade II
No7 is only available in Boots, and I bought this when they had the £5 off vouchers they consistently give out, so it was £7.95 instead. This is my go to eye brightener, it's my perfect shade and blends in lovely - I suggest fingertips. I've tried the Clinique and Bourjois versions, but this No7 is my favourite. Not much else to say, it's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :]