Friday 17 January 2014

No, I Don’t Want No Scrubs | Marks and Spencer Formula Daily Care Gentle Face Scrub



I wanted to try a scrub to ease up the marks, pigmentation, scars, blemishes, whatever you want to call them, that spots had left behind. So instead of being overwhelmed in Boots, I went to Marks & Spencer. 
I know there isn’t really a logical link there, apart from M&S was next door to me at the time, and Boots was at least 2 shops away. So I nipped into the M&S cafe for a cuppa, and did a quick Google of M&S skincare (courtesy of the free Wi-Fi) and read some really good reviews on this scrub. I figured that for £3.50 it wouldn't break the bank and I needed a hit, I hadn't bought any skin care for a while and I needed to feed my habit...

 I feel like I should be ashamed of that last sentence, but I'm not! Haha.


 I've tried this a few times over the last 4 months, but sadly it breaks me out and is pretty drying. Also, it didn’t help that in my eagerness to try it (like 30 minutes after purchase) I scrubbed some active spots, and spread them all over my face. Go me. 
If you Google Pisces star chart, that was the lovely pattern I created on my face. I know it sounds ridiculous, I’m actually an Aries.
Anyway, I think if you have less sensitive skin then this would work just fine, as I read sooo many good reviews on this I wouldn't put it down. It feels great on the skin, all gritty and cleansing, like you're really getting down there and cleaning stuff out, but it just didn't work for me.

 On the plus side it makes an awesome body scrub! My elbows and knee have never felt so soft, and I’m surprised that I’m enjoying the fact that it’s scent free. It’s also great to use just before shaving, just make sure you rinse all the little scrubby beads off. 
Oh skin, why you so mad bro?
 This is a serious question I ask my face daily, but alas it does not answer, and so the battle continues. Moral of the story, research your products and don’t rush to use them, no matter how fun it seems!

Gem


x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :]