Thursday 2 January 2014

Happy New Year | 2014 Goals

Happy 2014!
 
 Hope you had a lovely festive time :]
So, it’s that time of (new) year again...New Year Resolution Time!
 I’m not a fan of this, you know how it goes, you make a pledge and it’s broken before the week is out. I’ve had this rant before, my resolution is to not make any resolutions. Yet I think I've had the wrong attitude, and so I am making a list of goals for this year. Mainly things to improve myself as a person, if that doesn’t sound too self centred. I just want to look back next year and be like, ‘Yeah! I did stuff!’ Unlike this year, when I looked back and just thought....I ate stuff...a lot of stuff, and did nothing. Haha.
 
 My Goals For 2014:
- Read ‘The Secret’
I’ve had this book for aggggges, and it’s just sat there withholding all the awesomeness that people say it contains. I’m intrigued to try this out.
-Finish reading ‘Game of Thrones’
Ahhhhh! It’s so good, but has SO much detail that at times you can defiantly fall into a lull. Sadly I’ve put down and picked up this book so many times, but I’m half way through book 5: ‘A Dance with Dragons’, and will finish it! As always, the book is better than the series, I feel I make a better film in my head than any director/producer ever could :]
- Learn to play guitar
I had my Avril stage in my teens, and then when Miss Swift appeared I picked up my geetar again, and then put it back down. I see a pattern forming! This year I will learn my chords and how to play a whole song, at the very least!
- Get organised
I always type my posts the day they go up, same with my YouTube videos, they’re usually filmed and edited on the same day! Similarly, getting ready for work in the morning, I could easily make my lunch the night before but no...I try and do it in 2 minutes that I don't actually have to spare. So I shall try to do more stuff in advance.
 
I know it’s not a very interesting list, but I feel like if I put it down in black & white, and post it out there for people to see then it’s all real. Therefore, I shall have to do it because it’s not just floating around in my head. I think I might make a little memory jar too, so when something good, positive or funny happens, I can jot it down and put it in the jar to read next year. Let’s see how long this lasts...
 
What are your 2014 goals?
Gem
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment :]